Chinook works with buyers who are moving toward the purchase of a business that they have identified. Refer to the Buying Process. Chinook also maintains a business buyer database from the hundreds of inquiries they receive through presenting various businesses to market. These folks are sent business opportunities as they come through our offices as we work with business sellers.
In business brokerage is primarily driven by business owners looking to sell and presenting their business to the marketplace. Interestingly, larger business transactions are driven by buyers looking for businesses that meet their criteria.
At Chinook, we are working with clients that have been looking for a business for years! Not very efficient. Two years ago, we introduced a buyer program. This approach is setting business brokerage on its ear. It has also been. We understand that having the buyer commit to paying for intermediary services is not how it is normally done. That is why only a few have taken us up on this service. They were obviously serious about finding a business and now they are all business owners.
The Business Buyer Program profoundly affects the buyer’s control over market situations and their relationship with business sellers. The six-month long program’s moderate cost obligates Chinook to specific tasks and duties. It is a guarantee of performance.
The Business Buyer Program is a personalized, customized program of buyer benefits, offering a confidential service that:
- helps specify “the” business to buy
- identifies your strengths and areas needing attention
- shows how others see you, how you see yourself, and how you really are
- Produces a Buyer Package to market to sellers.
- Locates and investigates businesses that are not listed for sale.
- Contacts normally 10 to 20 companies or advisors per week.
- Provides on-site inspection of prospects.
- Qualifies and reviews candidate businesses.
- Suggesting company values, purchase structure considerations, and due diligence documents for the buyer and the buyer’s advisors.
- Assists in negotiation with buyer’s selected candidate to a successful close and transfer of ownership.
Chinook’s Business Buyer Program provides a competitive advantage over the 100’s of other buyers with more money and more resources in the market competing with you for the best businesses. It saves time and makes positive things happen.
Yes, the program is new to the lower end (financially) of the business transaction marketplace. It is setting a new standard for the way businesses should be purchased. It is still in the future for most buyers and business brokerage firms. Yet, in the meantime forward thinking buyers are taking advantage of this Program for their benefit.
We invite you to ask us for more details and fee schedules.